Dr. Husen Reads about Mindfulness and Self-Determination Theory from the Handbook of Minfulness

 Beginning about 2008 when I read Dr. Daniel Siegel's book entitled Mindsight, I have enjoyed the mental and stress reduction provided by mindfulness. 

Later, in my doctoral studies 2012 to 2014 I was impressed with the concept of intrinsic motivation and what has come to be called Self-Determination Theory. In the Handbook of Mindfulness there is an article which discusses the two and although I have read it before have forgotten what I read. I therefore produce my reading this morning to you and myself to be listened to later.

To cite the work use the following:

Deci, E. L., Ryan, R. M., Schultz, P. P., & Niemiec, C. P. (2015). Being aware and functioning fully: Mindfulness and interest taking within self-determination theory. In K. W. Brown, J. D. Creswell, & R. M. Ryan (Eds.), Handbook of mindfulness: Theory, research, and practice, (pp. 112-129). New York: The Guilford Press (Kindle Edition).

To access the recording of my reading with the text you can listen along with click the following link:

Being aware and functioning fully: Mindfulness and interest taking within self-determination theory

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Code 6320 and Domestic Violence / Intimate Partner Violence Through Unique Means

Attachment Trauma in Divorce