Dr. James (Jim) Husen reads from Miller & Rollnick's "Motivational Interview" (2nd Ed.)

 I have been wanting to read Miller & Rollnick's Motivational Interviewing: Preparing People for Change (preparing myself for change) since I was in my Master's Program studying Counseling Psychology at California Baptist University in Riverside. With an upcoming seminar I plan to attend on the topic, I thought it a good time to read the book. It's going to be an effort because as I peruse the book before reading it, I note there are 45+ contributing authors in addition to Miller and Rollnick. The book contains four parts with 25 chapters. That means to finish the book by Friday, May 6, 2022, I'll need to read about two chapters a day.

To cite the book use the following APA citation:

Miller, W. R., & Rollnick, S. (2002). Motivational interviewing (2nd ed.). New York: Guilford Press. 

Part I: Context

1. Why do people change?

2. Ambivalence: The dilemma of change

3. Facilitating change

Part II: Practice

4. What is Motivational Interviewing?

5. Change and resistance: Opposite sides of a coin.

6. Phase 1: Building motivation to change

7. Responding to change talk

8. Responding to resistance

9. Enhancing confidence

10. Phase 2: Strengthening commitment to change

11. A practical case example

12. Ethical considerations

Part III: Learning Motivational Interviewing

13. Reflections on learning

14. Facilitating learning

Part IV: Applications of Motivational Interviewing

15. Motivational Interviewing and the stages of change

16. The efficacy of Motivational Interviewing and its adaptations: What we know so far

17. Motivational Interviewing in medical and public health setting

18. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Code 6320 and Domestic Violence / Intimate Partner Violence Through Unique Means

Attachment Trauma in Divorce